Safety of our children is one of our core values. We are following the guidelines of CDC, DCF and the Department of Health alongside with state regulations. In addition we added additional protocols within our school family.
The following guidelines will be implemented during normal school hours to insure the safety of our students and teachers.
- All students, employees and visitors will be screened through verbal and visual assessments. Temperature will be taken daily, any students or staff with a temperature of 99.6F will not be allowed to enter the school.
- Starting August 10, 2020, to decrease the amount of children and parents from coming to the gate to enter the school, an educator will come to your car to pick up your child. Your child’s temperatures will be taken in the car. Please have your child’s belongings ready for the staff.
- For pick up, please inform us 10 minutes prior to arrival via BrightWheel, so we can meet you at the gate or in your car with your child.
- For children ages 3 and above, face shields will be ordered. Each child will have his/her own face shield. Children will be required to use face shields while inside the classroom. Face shields will remain at school.
- All staff will be required to wear face masks and/or face shields while inside the classroom.
- All classrooms will be sanitized daily per guidelines of CDC. Frequently touched surfaces, such as: doorknobs, desks, Montessori Materials, rest mats, counters, supplies will be disinfected every hour. Bathrooms will be cleaned after each use.
- There will no longer be a community chest. Each child will be responsible for his/her own school supplies. Please refer to the Supply List below. Please label all supplies with your child’s first and last name.
- Frequent hand washing will be continued.
- Parents will be notified immediately to pick up their child, if they experience excessive runny nose, abdominal pain, diarrhea, fever, vomiting, wet cough, etc. The student will be taken to the ‘sick room’, and the educator will be with the student the entire time until the child has been picked up by the parent.
- If a child has a fever of 100.4F or higher a doctor’s note is required prior to returning to school.
- Small group lessons will be taught outside (weather permitting) as frequently as possible.
- Different playgrounds will be used for different classrooms.